Stephen J. Rogers, DPM, FACFAS
Dr. Stephen J. Rogers
Board-Certified Podiatrist and Foot & Ankle Surgeon
Dr. Stephen Rogers has been a premier provider of medical and surgical foot and ankle care in New England for decades. As an accomplished surgeon, he relishes the opportunity to correct complicated foot and ankle problems that many patients were told were unfixable problems. Dr. Rogers’ expertise lies in the surgical repair of adult and pediatric flatfoot and other ankle deformities. He also focuses a portion of his practice on an innovative and effective new approach to ankle joint replacement surgery.
Dr. Rogers received his bachelor of science in biochemistry from Albright College, followed by his medical degree from the Pennsylvania College of Podiatric Medicine in Philadelphia. As a summa cum laude graduate, he went on to complete an additional three years of foot and ankle surgical residential training at the Graduate Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, where he also served as chief resident.
In July of 1995, Dr. Rogers moved to New England and practiced in Pawtucket for two years before he moved to Cranston. He merged practices with Dr. Robert Gallucci, and they went on to establish the Foot & Ankle Institute of New England in 2000. Their first office was opened in Warwick, Rhode Island. The practice continued to expand, with a location in Middletown, Rhode Island, in 2004, and in Fall River, Massachusetts, in 2008.
Dr. Rogers prides himself on offering patients the expert care they’re looking for – with a personal touch. When it comes to reconstructive foot and ankle surgery, watching a patient walk pain-free for the first time in years is one of the best compliments he receives.
East Greenwich, Rhode Island, is home for Dr. Rogers, his wife Andrea, and his son Luke. When he is not in the office, he enjoys traveling with his family and spending time with family and friends. He can often be found early in the morning and late at night walking family dogs Bailey and Rosey.
- Foot Surgery – American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Reconstructive Rearfoot/Ankle (RRA) Surgery – American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery
Education & Training
- BS: biochemistry, Albright College, Reading, PA (1985)
- Graduate Studies: anesthesia, Emory University, Atlanta, GA (1985)
- DPM: Pennsylvania College of Podiatric Medicine, Philadelphia, PA (1992)
- Residency: podiatric surgery, Graduate Hospital / University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA (1995)
- Fellowship: Russian Ilizarov Scientific Center for Restorative Traumatology and Orthopaedics (RISC RTO), Kurgan, Kurgan Oblast, Russia (2003)
- Fellow, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons (FACFAS)
- American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine
- American Podiatric Medical Association
Schedule your appointment with Dr. Stephen J. Rogers at the Foot & Ankle Institute of New England by calling the office nearest you: in Warwick or Middletown, Rhode Island, or Fall River, Massachusetts. You can also request an appointment now.